Since most of us were not welcomed into womanhood when we came of age, we now can fully embrace this time, as initiation, and meet the ending of our menstrual cycling years in an empowered and beauty way. We are being asked to grow into elders, to re-ember the wise woman's ways and pave a new way for all our children in both blood and spirit.
1. I am Birthing my future, wise elder self., It will be experienced differently for every woman and yet still have common threads.
2. I am being asked by life, to let go of patterns of thought and action that keep me small.
3. Resistance is painful.
4. I am being moved by the primordial forces of the universe, I can trust my body.
5. When I experience Rising heat in the body, - I know it's the fires of life - burning through what does not serve me.
6. When I experience Sweat and tears - I know it's the oceans of purifying love - clearing and cleansing
7. When I experience wild Moods that swing - I know it is the winds of change - fanning true passion for what is real for me in my life, I am called to hold more presence in all I do and say.
8. Whenever I fear being out of control, pause - stop - be with whatever it was that is moving, look deeply and choose, I am the queen of my queendom, I am responsible with my energy.
9. I am being called to cultivate orgasmic energy in my body, ensuring the waters of my womb are full. I once took time to bleed each cycle now I take time for sensual pleasure.
10. I sing, pray and dance my gratitude, this opens my heart and in turn my body, so that whatever is moving, is released through my movement.
11. After a period of time of consciously being with the wild fiery moments, the emotional turbulent oceanic currents, the winds that whip through my life, I make peace with the elemental Alchemy that's calling me ever deeper into the mystery. This doesn't mean everything goes away, what it means is that I move through what arises with presence, I grow, and I shift what could be a wildly emotional, physically challenging experience into one of the most empowering events of my life.
12. My sacred ovaries have up until now produced eggs to nourish life within, now that I hold my blood, my sacred ovaries release the memories spiralling back the first blood to the first woman, lineages of ancient feminine medicine and wisdom. I listen inside I chart my cycle and my dreams, I learn the language of my being.
13. What I experience is my rite of passage, it marks the end of my fertile years. I have passed through the threshold, now I walk towards wisdom. On this path, I am being asked to empty myself enough so that I may receive the gifts life offers, and open enough to understand the responsibilities that come with these gifts.
Image by Lidia Wylongo